In this three-day workshop style course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants also explore methods to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance..
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PM/PO course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
He graduated from Marmara University Computer Science and Engineering. He started his career at a pharmacy start-up.
After working as a software developer in Kuveyt Türk Participation Bank in technology infrastructure transformation, and working as Product Owner and Scrum Master in BSH Household appliances, he started to work at BSH as a Corporate Agile Coach in Germany.
While Doğan continues his coaching services, he also provides trainings and consultancy on Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), Kanban, Scrum, Lean Portfolio Management in Europe.
Dogan has been working on dozens of teams in Kanban Method and Scrum Framework; He took part in the onboarding of 4 teams on SAFe and one experiment on LeSS. Doğan cares about creating and implementing a transformation roadmap with senior executives and developing the necessary skills within the organization.
Doğan has the following certificates:
Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT), Certified SAFe 5.0 Program Consultant (SPC), Certified LeSS Practitioner, LPM, CSM, CSPO, KMP